Weekend Wrap-up!

Jake was off work Friday and went fishing with one of his friends. I tried to stay off of my foot, so I did laundry and some computer work, but I was on the couch most of the day. Resting is definitely hard for me. I don’t like sitting around doing nothing, but I want this foot to heal quickly, so I’m going to do my best to stay off of my feet. Wish me luck! And if you have any good book recommendations, I’d love to hear them! 
Still going strong with this breakfast. These are the best turkey sausage links I’ve ever had. I got them at Walmart and they’re the Johnsonville brand.
You don’t have to tell me twice about date night.
Anyone else like to doctor up their hummus? I love garlic hummus, but I usually add onion powder, turmeric, black pepper, and a little coconut aminos to mine. It’s delicious.
Jake and I went to Metro (Metropolitan Grill) for an early dinner Friday night. I had their new cauliflower crust pizza with shrimp, sausage, and I added spinach. It was amazing. So incredible.
We hung out at Metro for a little bit just talking, then came home and crawled into bed. I think we were both asleep by 8:45. It was wonderful.
I met some Trail Sisters for a run Saturday morning. I thought I’d be able to walk while they ran, but my foot told me otherwise, so I got them started, then headed to the grocery store. I ran groceries home, then met the girls for coffee. I hate not being able to run. These three crushed some humid/foggy miles!
After meeting the girls, it was back to staying off of my feet. Jake and I had planned to do a bunch of yard work, but since my foot was still hurting, he made me chill on the couch while he knocked out the stuff in our yard. Rhea and I had fun watching him from the window. I guess I was bothering her.
Jake got new golf clubs from my parents for Christmas. He was so excited. He got to pick them up Friday afternoon, and he and my Dad went to hit balls together Saturday afternoon. Jake’s golf bag hadn’t come in yet, so he just had to carry all of his clubs around. Haha! This picture makes me laugh.
These are delicious. I got them at Price Cutter.
We went to my parents’ for dinner Saturday night. My Dad grilled tri tip and my Mom made asparagus and sweet potatoes. We also had fresh peaches on the side. It was SO good. And if you haven’t tried BBQ sauce on a sweet potato, do it. It’s amazing.
Jake headed out for a run Sunday morning and I got started on meal prep. I found these veggie noodles at Price Cutter. They’re pretty good! Jake is having pasta salad for lunches this week. While these noodles cooked, I baked chicken, and chopped up veggies.
Jake is having breakfast burritos this week, too. I mixed together half an onion, a can of black beans, and a container of mushrooms, then added eggs and cheese. Once that was all cooked, I loaded up tortillas with the mixture.
Breakfast is ready! I wrap them in paper towels because he can just grab one, toss it in the microwave, and go. If we freeze them, I still wrap them in a paper towel first, then put foil around the paper towel. I only heat them up with the paper towel on them. The foil just keeps the burritos from getting freezer bu
While I was working on the breakfast burritos, Jake’s lunches were simmering. Here’s his pasta!
All of this prep took me less than an hour. Meal prep doesn’t have to take all day! Chopping veggies takes the longest – chop in bulk and it’ll help a ton.
Having a fridge that looks like this makes me happy. We are ready to go for the week.
Ha! This is me. I don’t know a lot about cars, but I’m super into food.
4 By 4 had a fun brunch on Sunday, so after Jake’s run, he headed to the driving range to hit some golf balls, then came home and we headed to brunch. I had a beermosa – half beer, half champagne. (We usually do half beer and half OJ, but it was really good with the champagne!)
We played a very intense game of cornhole. I ended up beating Jake, which never happens.
For brunch, Jake had a massive veggie burrito and I had the breakfast pizza with no cheese, add spinach. They were both yummy.
Cassie met us up at 4 By 4, then we all took our girls to play in the river. They had a blast. A dead raccoon floated by at one point, so that wasn’t great, but other than that, we had fun. It started pouring about 45 minutes after we got to the river, so we sprinted back to the car and headed back home.
Cassie stayed over for dinner and Jake grilled the most amazing steak I’ve ever had. Hands-down. It was phenomenal. He also did the brussels on the grill and they were incredible. Dinner was SO good. He grilled some crab-stuffed, bacon-wrapped jalapeños as an appetizer. 
After dinner, we all played Catch Phrase and Rhea and Lu napped because they were so worn out from playing in the river. 
This time next week we will be getting ready to go on vacation!! I can’t wait. 
Happy Monday, friends! 

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.