She can’t hang + where did the day go?! + another new gadget…

Thursday morning, I ran a little over 2 miles with Lu and about 4 with Rhea. Once Rhea and I got back, this is what Lu did until I left for work. I was worried I had pushed her a little too far, but she once ran 6 miles with me! I think she’s going to stick to shorter distances because her Mom worries about everything. But also, I wanted to crawl back into bed after our run, too…
Day 2 of work – back to rushing out the door with breakfast on the go. THIS is why I meal prep. One less thing to think about. After my run, I literally had time to shower, get ready, help make the bed, and grab my stuff. I cannot go on with my day if the bed isn’t made. Jake slept in yesterday, so he made most of the bed himself. Well, he asked what I needed help with as I was rushing around, trying to get out the door, and I said the bed needed to be made. I’m sure he rolled his eyes. I just feel like I am ready to go once the bed is made. We usually make it right when we get up, so it’s just part of my routine!
I get to school at 7:30. I am in an office with 5 other ladies, which is another change for me. I was a classroom teacher for 5 years, so it’s an adjustment sharing my work space with adults rather than kids. All of the women in the office with me are wonderful, so that makes it easy! Anyway, I literally worked on my computer from 7:30-3:15. I led a meeting around lunch time, but other than that, it was computer work ALL day. We are in crunch time right now trying to study data from a beginning of the year assessment and group students. It’s been tough trying to figure out how to get 100+ students to swap classrooms to meet with the teacher they need for 25 minutes each day and make it beneficial for them. We are doing this for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. I thought it would be a piece of cake, but I was so very wrong. My brain hurt when I left work yesterday. I just about finished organizing students, so we are almost finished with this…but only for a few weeks. We will have to do all of it again around Thanksgiving. I love the problem-solving side of this job and getting to take what I learn and help the teachers in our building. I’m excited to see how the year goes! It’s definitely strange not teaching, but I think I’m going to love this. I took a break at some point for lunch.
He makes me laugh. Give me cash? Such a weirdo.
I was so mentally drained after work, but then poor Jake worked all day in the sun and heat, so I had no room to complain. Jake and his crew worked late, so I dropped off some Gatorades and treats to them on my way home. Once I got home, I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, finished laundry, cooked dinner, cleaned the kitchen again, did my foot exercises, and graded a bunch of assignments in my online class. By the time 6PM hit, I was DONE. Dinner was brussles and leftovers meatballs. It was delicious. I cooked the brussels in the AirFryer and they turned out super good.
I just got this new alarm clock and I’m excited to try it! I’m sensitive to light, so I hope it works well. I’ll keep you updated. I got THIS one.
It looks pretty cool! I didn’t set it last night, but will try it out tonight.
Happy Friday, friends!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.