Weekend Wrap-up!

I am feeling SO much better, thank goodness. I was going to be bummed if I had been sick all weekend. I mentioned last week that I came down with tonsillitis on Thursday. I started antibiotics Friday morning, but still felt pretty crummy, so I took a half day off from school. I left at lunch time, had lunch at home, then crawled into bed and slept for a few hours. I felt a little better when I woke up, but still not great, so I canceled my birthday party plans with friends and sulked on the couch all night.
Jake tried to cheer me up with dinner from Galloway. It worked.
Our neighborhood is safe thanks to the cutest neighborhood watch partners.
Protecting neighborhoods is hard.
I felt pretty sorry for myself most of Friday night. I like to be on the go and being productive, so it’s hard for me to slow down and chill. I’m thankful Jake was more than happy to relax on the couch with me all night.
I wasn’t sure if I would run Saturday morning. I slept in until almost 8, so that felt amazing. I felt better when I woke up, so I decided to head out for a few miles and see how that felt. I knocked out 3 miles by myself, then grabbed Lu for 2 miles. I was still feeling pretty good, so I grabbed Rhea for 3.5. Rhea pooped in someone’s yard and I didn’t have a bag with me, so I dropped her at home, grabbed a bag, and ran to pick up. After I had done that, I was at a little over 9 miles, so I decided to stop at 10.
I hadn’t had a double digit run in over 3 months, so I was pretty happy with my miles.
I am obviously nailing this photo-taking thing. ; )
I made this plate of deliciousness after my run. It hit the spot. Turkey sausage, egg and veggie scramble with goat cheese, and toast with jelly. I love breakfast.
Since we were going to be out of town this weekend, I knocked out some meal prep Saturday afternoon. I don’t like feeling unprepared for the upcoming week. I made sweet potato fries- these are topped with chili powder, brown sugar, and ghee. 
I also made overnight oats for breakfast this week. I just mixed all of this together, (I eyeballed the ingredients), then I portioned it out and put it in the fridge. These will keep all week. I will top them with a scoop of peanut butter each morning.
Breakfast is ready to go!
Our lunches this week are tuna salad. I will put Jake’s into wraps and I will most likely have mine over spinach, I’ll just see how hungry I am.
After I meal prepped, I had a quick lunch of chicken nachos, then I took the girls over to my parents since we were going to be out of town.
It was their first ride in my new car. I think they both liked it! I have a third row of jump seats, which are stored on the sides of the car. I let the girls sit back there and they seemed to like that since they could look out the window.
This tank pretty much sums up my life.
My friend, Cassie, picked me up and we headed down to Bentonville to meet the boys. Jesse and I matched, so of course we had to take a picture. He was doing something weird with that bottle of MAker’s Mark, so we didn’t get any normal pictures. Ha!
We watched some dual slalom mountain bike races, then went to dinner. We went to Oven and Tap and it was amazing. I love Bentonville so much. Jake and I shared a Caesar salad and a pizza.
They also had the most delicious garden mule. It has a sprig of fresh rosemary in it. I have had this two other times when we have been at this restaurant. That’s how good it is.
Check out all this delicious food.
The guys had their race Sunday morning, so they went to the race start and Cassie and I grabbed coffee and breakfast. We went to Onyx Coffee Lab and got their avocado toast. So good. I also had a very delicious fall latte with some type of oat milk, pumpkin, and cinnamon.
This is what these two raced in Sunday morning. It was hilarious watching them come speeding down trail in these unicorn onesies.
Cassie and I watched the racers in this spot, which is called the Waterfall, for quite a while. It was crazy watching them come down that steep hill. I would have been terrified.
I always love watching my little unicorn race.
Their onesies were soaked with sweat and they kept trying to hug us. It was disgusting.
Cassie and I left about halfway through the race. The guys were getting ready to knock out three more stages, but they were in spots that spectators couldn’t easily get to. I picked up Lu and Rhea, came home and knocked out a little bit of work, and then took a short nap with the girls.
Jake and Jesse got back into town around 6:30, so we all grabbed a quick dinner together and then went home. We were all SO worn out from the fun weekend.
Happy first day of Fall, friends! 


Add Yours
  1. www.russhessays.com

    I heard that you were sick last week, and I am so glad to know that you are fine right now. What’s good about all these things that happened is the fact that you got the chance to rest; both physically and mentally. I must say that you really deserve it. But on the other hand, I know that you are the type of person who is not used on not doing anything that’s why your body calls you for some activities to do. Well, whatever makes you happy then go for it!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.