Weekend Wrap-up!

This weekend was a good one! I had my first race back post-injury and got to spend a lot of time with my family.

I took breakfast with me on Friday to school – I loved having these pumpkin oats. We are doing smoothies for breakfast this week, but overnight oats will be back soon.

I finally got to try the new tuna that Alex had gotten for me. This brand is solid. Sometimes the Sriracha tuna isn’t very spicy, but this one definitely had a kick. I added it to some spinach and some leftover chickpea salad.
I love these cookies. They are definitely filling, though. I was stuffed after this for a snack. 
This is probably how I spend 80% of my work day. I love having a standing desk and being able to stretch a little bit while I’m working.
After school, I met my mom at a fall open house and got some mums and pumpkins. I love fall so much.
Jake left Friday after work to go to Arkansas to pace a friend in a 100 mile race. While he was driving, I got onto my Spotify to update my playlist for my own race on Saturday and saw that he was listening on my account. Of course I had some fun and added in some songs for him. I got a text during Strokin’ because he was cracking up. It was hilarious. 
I was craving a burger, so I got Black Sheep to go. I had a bacon cheeseburger with pepper jack cheese and their salt and vinegar fries. It hit the spot.
I also had a glass of my peanut butter whiskey before calling it a night.
My mom, sister, and I were trying to make plans for Saturday evening. I told my mom and sister to just hit me up on Saturday, and my mom warned me that she hit hard. Ha ha Ha! She’s something else.
After dinner cuddles with this little baby.
Race ready! I haven’t raced since April (I think), which was that terrible marathon that I had in Oklahoma City. It’s so strange that we forget things so easily. I felt really unprepared getting ready for this race. I was thankful it was just a 15 K, because I felt like I had never raced before. I kept forgetting things. 
I am working on getting in some good calories right after workouts, so the second I crossed the finish line, I walked to my car and grabbed some Skratch recovery.
I was pretty pleased with this race! My goal was to stick between an 8:00 and 8:15  pace. I ended with an average pace of 8:09. I also ended up getting 2nd in my age group and was the 6th overall female to finish. Other than getting a bloody nose at mile five (eye-roll), everything went pretty well. My nose bleeds a lot when the weather gets cooler/dryer. This race was definitely hard, and I have a lot of work to do to get back to where I was, but I am just SO grateful to be running. I didn’t have any foot or ankle pain at all, and I felt pretty great the rest of the day. I had some shin splint pain on Sunday, but nothing too crazy.
I love the running community here in Springfield. I got to run close to another Trail Sister and it was so fun to see her on the course.
This guy is super special. This is my high school cross country coach, and the entire reason why I run. He talked me into going out for cross country the summer after my sophomore year of high school. I was chubby and hated running. He was/is such an incredible coach. I’ll never forget my first run with the team. I was struggling to run up the hill, so I started to walk, and Coach Russo ran by and told me that I looked strong. He is always the most positive person and I am so, SO thankful for him. Thank you, Coach. You are the best. Also, he is still out there crushing it. I love running into him and his crazy talented wife at races here in town.
I added some orange juice to my beer after the race and it was the best thing I’ve ever had.
I won a gift card to Bass Pro for getting 2nd, so it looks like I need to go shopping now! Thank you, Care to Learn, for putting on such a fun event.
I had to run a few errands after the race and get groceries, but the second I got home, I made a massive wrap with pepperoni, spinach, chicken, jalapeños, and mozzarella. It was delicious.
Here are my official results.
When your mom sees the pet Halloween costumes at Target, but doesn’t realize that she accidentally grabbed you a cat costume. Lu was pretty pissed at me. Looks like I need to return this too small costume. 
I got THESE new pillowcases for our bedroom and I am obsessed with them. My only warning, be careful when washing them – I read the reviews and some people had the printing smear.
I ate this entire bag in two days. So yeah, they’re pretty good.
There’s nothing better than post-race hair and lounging on the couch.
This little pup sure loves pillows. 
I got a new plant baby over the weekend. I love it. I used to not like plants, but now I am obsessed with them. I need more….
I headed to my Grandma’s Saturday night to spend some time with my family. My Dad picked up Lambert’s for dinner, so I tried to be a tiny bit healthier and took a quinoa bowl with me. And wine. Always wine. 
I was glad I had the screw top wine because when I parked at my Grandma’s, it was a downpour and I had to sit in the car and wait for it to die off. I opened my wine and sipped on a glass while I waited – yes, I also had cups with me. HA! Always prepared. 
Look at this cute little tush. 
I had my quinoa bowl, but also HAD to have a roll and some fried okra. Because balance. 
My aunt and uncle who live in Iowa came into town to spend time with my Grandma. It was so nice to have everyone together for a few hours. 
Breakfast Sunday morning – French toast, spinach and eggs, and breakfast sausage. 
I made an almond milk latte with honey and pumpkin pie spice. It was SO good. 
I sliced sweet potatoes for lunches this week. I topped these with butter, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar. They’re delicious. 
I. Love. Fall. 
After I meal prepped, I ate one of the turkey burger patties I prepped and some of the sweet potato bites for lunch. 
I haven’t had this view in awhile…I have missed writing, so I’m enjoying writing again. 
When Dad gets home after being gone all weekend. All the puppy cuddles. See where Lu put her tennis ball? HA!
This is how Lu was laying while I was working on my computer…
I am at a conference for work this week in Arkansas and we leave after school today. This week is already busy, so we will see how that goes, HA!
Happy Monday, friends! 


Add Yours

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.