Well done, Jimmy John’s! + meal prep + under the weather…

Jimmy John’s is on to something awesome – they have a new little John sandwich! It’s a mini and only $3. It’s the PERFECT amount. I got one on Sunday when we got back into town and was so excited to see this as an option. Our portions have gotten WAY too big, so I get excited when I see places offer smaller amounts. 
This week, our lunches are cauliflower crust pizzas. I got the cauli crusts, at Walmart. I topped them with a sugar-free spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, spinach, apple and chicken sausage, turkey pepperoni, goat cheese for me, and goat cheese and mozzarella for Jake.
YUM! I added a side salad to mine, too.
We had some crazy storms Sunday night. Jake wasn’t feeling very well, so I felt bad that he was up because of the storms , then got called into work. The four of us spent 30 minutes to an hour in our hallway, then we all came back to bed. Lu had crawled under the covers all the way down to where our feet are. She NEVER sleeps under the covers. When I woke up, I woke up to her like this. We had put the blankets that we have been laying on in the hallway on the floor, so I kind of thought she would end up over there. It cracked me up that she was sleeping like this.
I have Dogwood coming up in a few weeks, so here’s a throwback to my first time doing the race. I think it was also my first trail run! Cassie will be running it again this year with me, so we will have to reenact this picture.
Did you see that Shalane is retiring?? You can read about it HERE. She has had such an incredible running career and will definitely never be forgotten! She’s SO inspiring.
Lunch was delicious yesterday – cauliflower pizza and a side salad. I don’t know if I’m fighting something off, but after I ate lunch, I was super dizzy and my stomach felt terrible. I was worried about walking around school since I was so dizzy, so I just sat at my desk for the rest of the afternoon. I was so miserable. The dizziness started to go away as the day went on, but it never totally left.
I am obsessed with these Quest chips right now. So far, this flavor is my favorite. It’s a chili lime tortilla chip.
The second I got home from school, I put sweats on and laid on the couch. I was supposed to go on a bike ride with my Dad, but I still felt pretty crummy, so I just parked it on the couch all night. I was so thankful I had prepped a sweet potato and bison chili in the crockpot before leaving for school. My stomach was still a little upset, so I ate around 4:30 and waited for Jake to get home. I guess there is a stomach bug going around school, so I am just praying I don’t get that. Jake has been working 16 hour days, with 8 hours off. Because of the storm, this area has been declared in a state of emergency. Jake is pretty sick, so I don’t know how he does it. He never even complains. Hes my hero (and a lot of other people’s since he’s getting their power back on!)
I hate not feeling well. Jake got home around 6:30, ate dinner, and then we laid on the couch for a little bit before crawling into bed. I had fallen asleep at some point earlier, so I was nervous I wouldn’t be able to sleep. I had zero trouble going to bed. 
I got this message from one of my Grandma’s friends. It made me smile. My Grandma is the best, so this meant so much to me.

Update on my Grandma: She has been in the hospital since Friday. She was in really awful pain most of the weekend, so my Mom admitted her into the hospital. Once there, they found out that she had a bunch of kidney stones. They think that is what was causing all of her pain. She had surgery Saturday morning to tale care of the kidney stones. She is still recovering in the hospital. I haven’t been up to see her since I haven’t been feeling well and Jake is sick. I hope to go see her later this week. We still haven’t gotten results back from her PET scan, but when we do, I will update you. She is pretty miserable right now, so I can’t even complain about a little sickness. She has already decided she doesn’t want to do chemo, so we are trying to enjoy the time we have with her. 

This is one of Rhea’s favorite spots to sit in our room/bathroom. 
I signed up for a 20-mile trail run in Arkansas in December and I am SO excited. It’s the Back 40 Trail Race and they have all kinds of different distances – a 5k, a half, a 20-miler, and a 40-miler. I had signed up for the 20-miler last year, but had to drop down to the 5k because of my dang ankle. I am going to make the 20-miler happen this year! 
It’s hard to see, but Rhea ran 5 miles with me and Cassie, then she and Lu hung out inside while we finished up our 8. Both girls were on the couch waiting for us when we got back to my house. 
8 windy miles with this gal today. 
Happy Tuesday, friends! 

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.