Weekend Wrap-up!

What a great weekend – it was full of quick lunch dates, pool time, work time, and a long bike ride! Rewinding to Friday, I made a little picnic lunch and met Jake during his lunch break.


We had veggie wraps, crackers and hummus, and black bean brownies. YUM.


After lunch, I had my first official faculty meeting for UALR. Today, (Monday) is the first day of the semester and my first official day as a faculty member! SO excited.  


These two look sweet and innocent, but I’m sure shortly after I took this picture they were fighting about something.


This breakfast Saturday morning was DELICIOUS. Sourdough toast topped with almond butter, a banana, flaxseeds, chia seeds, and honey.


I failed to get a picture of our group, but Alex and her pups met us for a walk Saturday morning. We met at our new house and walked 3 miles with the girls. I guess they got hot, because as soon as we got back, mine huddled under Alex’s car in the shade. HA!


After our walk, Kayla and Cassie came to see the Wallpaper Palace (what I call our new house), and the four of us, long with the four dogs, hung out in the sunroom for awhile. Lu stared out this window for a LONG time…


After showing the girls our new house, we ventured over to see Cassie’s new place. Our friend, Jordan, met us there, too. It was a wonderful Saturday afternoon! After seeing Cassie’s place, Kayla, Alex, and I grabbed a late lunch at Red’s. I had their vegan burger and onion rings. Holy yum.


After lunch, I came home and knocked out a bunch of work. Before I knew it, it was 7PM. I threw some leftovers together and had this deliciousness for dinner. a wrap with cashew cheese, hummus, veggies, spinach, tofu, and hot sauce, and some sweet taters on the side.


This girl is spoiled – two pillows AND a blanket? Sure.


Sunday morning started with a bike with Cassie and Kayla. We stopped around mile 25 for a photoshoot on this metal tandem bike along the Frisco trail. These two climbed onto it. It was hilarious watching them try to get both on and off the bike.


We obviously had a blast. The weather was amazing and the sun shined on us the entire ride.


This was my longest ride ever! Barely, my longest ride prior had been 35 miles, ha, but I’ll take it! My legs were DEAD at mile 20. The last 12 were pretty tough for me, but the girls didn’t give up on me. I haven’t been riding much lately, which needs to change, so it felt good to get my butt back in the saddle.


Post-ride brunch at Brew Co. YUM. Complete with mimosas, a parfait, and a biscuit.



After our ride and brunch, I loaded up all my work stuff and read at the pool for a couple of hours. I have a ton of reading to do each day, so I figured I might as well be spending time at the pool while I work! So far, it is working perfectly and I will be so sad when the pool closes. My crazy, hard-working husband worked two shifts yesterday, but in-between them, we had a little dinner date. We shared a pizza and a salad at The Rock. We may or may not have eaten dinner at 4:30PM.


We were both in bed and asleep by 7:30PM. No shame in our game!


This girl is obsessed with her Dad. Rhea slept with her paw on Jake’s hand for about an hour.


Her paw never left his hand! Jake is definitely her favorite…I think I’m okay with it. I think.


My goal is to get back on my early morning schedule. Since I am taking a little break from running, I had been sleeping in and missing a lot of my day – when you’re used to getting up at 4AM and start sleeping in until 7, you feel like you’re losing a lot of your morning. My goal is to get up at 5AM, go to the gym here at the apartment, do a workout, then take the girls on a walk before starting my work for the day. Day 1 was a success and I already feel SO much better than I did when I was sleeping in later. I am doing a Beachbody program called Hammer and Chisel, so I loaded up all my stuff and took it with me to the gym. I think I’m really going to like this program! I was having a hard time motivating myself to lift, so I needed a little extra help. I like being told exactly what to do. I think I’m going to be sore!


Post-workout walk with the girls! I started listening to the Dr. Death podcast because Kayla promised me it wasn’t scary like it sounds. Holy cow. It’s crazy! If you’re looking for a new podcast, check it out!


Happy Monday, friends!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.