Cars hate me + impromptu date night + back to the track!

The last day of our pancakes – so sad. They were delicious!

Maybe I just need to give up on cars. We haven’t gotten an update on my car, other than the jerk that hit me doesn’t have insurance (grr), but I walked out to Lola yesterday and she has a massive screw in one of her tires. Maybe I’m bad luck?

I went to the gym yesterday and it was such a great workout. My knee felt back to normal, so I figured a little lifting would be good. It was! After the gym, I worked on the computer for a little bit while Jake rode, then I made a wrap for lunch. This had ground elk, spinach, a little vegan ranch (bought by accident, but super delicious), and jalapeƱos. This hit the spot!

Another day, another pup on my rug picture. Rhea has a very rough life in case anyone was wondering. ; )

Jake and I had a little impromptu date night last night. We, of course, went to Galloway. I had a salad and wings. Galloway has the BEST wings. I failed to get a picture of us at dinner. I guess we were just having too much fun.

I am SO excited about this new water jug. Thank you, HydroJug, for making such an awesome bottle. This is a half gallon, but doesn’t feel like that much. I have THIS one (it’s on sale right now!) These bottles are BPA and DEHP free. They do not leave that gross plastic taste in your mouth either. I love that the mouth piece is small so you don’t spill water all over yourself (I do that a lot), but the lid screws off easily, so you’re able to put ice in your bottle if you want. 10/10 recommend!

This morning started with a little track work! I can’t remember the last time I ran on the track, but it sure felt good to be back out there. Don’t get me wrong, it definitely hurt, but I loooove running on the track. Rachel joined me for the workout. Having company helped, too.

I haven’t written running workouts in a long time, but I threw this together for today. We did a 1.5 mile warm-up to the track, then half mile repeats followed by a 400 meter recovery. We tried to get the half mile repeats between 7:20-7:30. We repeated the speed and recovery portion four times, then did a 1.5 mile cool-down.

I messed up pushing the lap button for our first repeat, but I think we hit the paces we wanted. For the ones that worked, we hit 7:21, 7:26, and 7:26. I think we were closer to 7:15 on the very first one, but I’m not completely sure.

Rhea ran with us off leash the entire time we were on the track. She did SO great and stayed right by my side. It made me smile when the pain of speed work started to kick in. She passed out on the kitchen floor as soon as we got back home. I get it, girl. I get it.

Sweet potato toast coming at ya! Since we are out of pancakes, we will do sweet potato toast for breakfast the rest of the week. Slice your taters pretty thin, then bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes. We just heat these up each morning. They store well in the fridge. I like to top mine with peanut butter or butter, chia seeds, and honey. Mmm.

I have some meetings today, then need to read and work on another conference proposal. I want to also take some pictures of our house to do a before and after/for now of what we have completed so far. Maybe by Friday I can do that…

Happy Wednesday, friends!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.