Pity party + tempo miles + HSG is over!!

I need to know…is this true? I feel like I don’t know anything anymore…

When I finally woke up from my 6 hour drug-induced ‘nap’ yesterday, I decided I better eat something. I finished my leftover burger from Tuesday night and it was delicious. I had a meeting for one of the committees I am on for UALR, so I sat in on that while I ate lunch. I was having a little pity party for myself, so I kept my camera off and just listened to the meeting. I was a grump most of the day yesterday after having to take all those meds and not get to have my HSG. I think I sulked for a couple of hours.

I finally decided that I needed to get up and walk a little bit, so I hopped on the treadmill and walked a few miles. It felt good to move a little.

Jake and I grabbed dinner out. Nothing healthy sounded good, so I suggested wings and beer – they hit the spot!

I told myself I HAD to get up at 4AM to get some treadmill miles in before my HSG. I knew it would not only help improve my mood, but running always starts me day of on the right foot – literally. I knocked out a 7 mile tempo (increasing speed each two miles) while watching Grey’s Anatomy. It felt SO good. I was proud of myself for forcing myself out of my funk and getting some miles in. I wore one of my favorite Springfield FitLife tanks, too.

After my run, I showered super quickly, then popped all of the pills with a piece of beer bread. I was ready to get this dang HSG over with!

Slightly crazy hair…maybe the drugs were kicking in at this point… ; ) Second time’s the charm, right?

I survived the HSG! It was definitely painful, but the pain meds helped a lot. I think my last one lasted maybe 30 seconds, but this one was more like 5-6 minutes. Jake was able to watch the entire procedure on a screen in the room with me, so that was cool. Big news – they were able to completely clear my tube (ouch and yay) AND they no longer think it was Hydrosalpinx (good news), but they have no clue what it was (bad news). I have an ultrasound at 1PM today to look at everything now that my tubes are clear. Hopefully we get some more answers at that point. Jake treated me to one of my favorite treats after the HSG – a frozen turtle from Panera (it’s a blend of the frozen mocha and the frozen caramel). It’s amazing.

I am going to take a little nap before my ultrasound. I hope to have more to report back tomorrow! Thank you for all of your kind words and prayers yesterday – you all mean so much to us!

Happy Friday Eve, friends!


Add Yours
  1. Becky

    All that food looks amazing! I always am amazed at the goodness of God, that he gave us taste buds to enjoy food…and life. He cared that we are able to enjoy the food we need to stay alive, I contemplate that sometimes as a awesome blessing. I am praying for you and your husband as you are going through this process. I enjoy reading your blog because of your energetic, positive outlook on life. I’m sure that perspective, along with your trust in God, will lead you to have amazing results! Prayers from Michigan!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.