So worn out + my hero + my new obsession!

I was so worn out yesterday. My run felt hard, the gym felt hard, and I just felt like I was dragging all dang day. I knocked out 3 easy miles before the gym, then spent the day working. I was thankful for the little movement I was able to squeeze in.

I forgot to have a Graham Cracker before my run, so I was starving when I got home from the gym. I inhaled my breakfast burrito the second I walked in the door.

Here’s a little better picture of the can lights we added in our living room. When we bought the house, there were only two lights in this room and they were both pointed toward the fireplace, so this room has always been super dark. It’s so bright now, which is taking some getting used to, but we love it!

I worked on the computer all morning, then took a late lunch break – chicken, veggies, and grains.

These three hung out in my office with me while I worked. Rhea cuddled her Dad and Lu played with a toy. We moved my filing cabinet into my office, so I have made a huge mess in there trying to organize everything.

While I worked, Jake hung our fan! He’s my hero. I have wanted to get this fan hung for a long time. I love it. The light is on a dimmer, which is really nice at night when you don’t want super bright lights.

Our girls get the worst anxiety any time it storms, so I asked my friend, Valerie, about good calming treats. She recommended this brand. It stormed last night for a little bit, so I got to try these out. They seemed to help quite a bit! So happy to have these on hand for when the girls get anxiety. They both slept soundly through the night and didn’t seem to be anxious when it thundered.

Click this picture for more information.

I spent the entire day in my office yesterday. I worked on things until about 7PM. I got caught up on grades, had a meeting, planned out some writing, worked with a colleague on a project, and finished up a workshop plan for some of graduating seniors. It was a good Monday!

I got a new label maker yesterday and was SO excited to try it out. I ended up using all of the sample tape they sent me, so I need to get more, but I am obsessed with this thing.

It has a bunch of different fonts and can do all kinds of super cool things. I haven’t even scratched the surface on what all it can do, but I can’t wait to figure it all out. This one also connects to your computer, but I haven’t tried that out yet. It’s crazy easy to use, too.

I have this one and I am in love with it.

I got so caught up in working that I forgot about dinner, ha! I made a sandwich with a salad around 7:30 and ate dinner while watching a little Hulu before crawling into bed.

This is some of my favorite chocolate. Jake’s parents gave us some squares of this in our Easter basket this year and I have been eating them every day…

I did not want to get up when my alarm went off at 4AM. I looked outside and kind of hoped it was storming, HA! I knew I wouldn’t want to run later, so I crawled out of bed and met Kayla (Rhea was with us, too). I’m so glad I did (like always). I never regret knocking out a run, but I always regret skipping one. 6 miles to start off our Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday, friends!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.