I love food + no. more. conferences. + ya gotta make this!

I had a busy day Monday, but even though I was stuck in a conference from 8:30-2:30, I managed to get all of my grading finished and a few other things knocked out during our breaks. I was so thankful. I don’t like feeling behind at the start of a new week. We also got our first 5k of the week in, but it took us three separate walks to hit the mileage. It was a DAY! Lunch was the last of our leftover chickpea pasta, meat sauce, and zucchini chips. All topped with cottage cheese. YUM.

Price Cutter has the BEST cookie cake. I really wanted some Sunday for dessert, so when I saw them at Price Cutter, I took a chance. This little container was all that was left. And you KNOW I chowed down on it after lunch Monday afternoon. AMAZING.

As soon as the conference was over, I showered and made a snack. After about 30 minutes of relaxing, I got back to work and knocked out a few more things.

Friends, you need to make this. Mongolian Beef. It only takes 15 minutes and you will only dirty one pan. Sautè garlic and onion in ghee, then add ground beef to brown (or whatever protein you’d like), once that is cooked, add broccoli (I used frozen), let that cook a little, then add carrots (I used canned). Add the following to taste: ginger, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, black pepper, and coconut aminos. Let it all simmer and cook together for a few minutes. Serve over rice and top with sesame seeds. SO good! I made a big batch, so we will have this again tonight.

Jake got some jalapeños on his. I skipped these because my heartburn was already crazy before we ate.

Jake’s running coach hosted a team meeting via Zoom last night, so Rhea and I joined for a little bit. Rhea LOVES Zoom.

We had crazy storms last night. Jake left the house after dinner to go to work for a small thing, so he thought he’d be back right away. Once the storms started, he texted me and said he had no clue when he’d be home. I got up around 1am due to the storm and he wasn’t home, so I’m not sure when he got back. He is still sleeping, so I hope he’s able to catch up on some much needed sleep. It was SO hard to get up this morning. It was still storming and I was so cozy in bed, BUT, I got up and went to the gym. But first, coffee.

It’s still kind of sprinkling, so the girls and I will get our 5k in later today. I am going to knock out some work this morning before meetings later today. Overnight protein oats and a little more coffee to get things started.

We get to see Baby Boy today! My Mom, Jake’s Mom, and our sisters are going to go with me. I can’t wait to see him!

Happy Tuesday, friends!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.