Weekend Wrap-up: this kid + the chop!! + chipping away

It’s that time of year when I get so sick of having long hair. It’s just way too hot! I scheduled an appointment to chop mine off and I was SO excited.

This kid and his faces keep me laughing all day long.

I was so ready to not have this crazy ponytail. Cooper and I headed out to walk with some friends Friday morning.

Another day, another silly face. This kid is way too cool.

All the snuggles during naptime.

We went to dinner Friday night with my parents. We went to Split Kitchen and I had their ahi tuna nachos. They were incredible.

Coop sure loves his Tutu and Papa!

Hair is one of our favorite things right now. He loves to pull on facial hair especially.

My best boy. I hope he will always match me.

Saturday morning, we all ran together, which I loved. After our run, I showered super fast and then headed to my hair appointment. I was at my hair appointment for a little over two hours, which is the longest I have ever left Cooper. He was with Jake, so I wasn’t worried at all, but I definitely missed him. I think we ended up cutting off about 10-12 inches. My head feels so much lighter and I think this is my most favorite haircut of all time. The second I got home from my appointment, I cuddled my favorite dude and gave his daddy a big smooch.

Jake headed to watch a big golf tournament here in town and Cooper and I crawled into bed for a nap. As my runs get longer and more intense, they really take it out of me. I am thankful for the best napping buddy in the whole world.

After our nap, we got ready for some friends to come over for dinner. Coop played in his activity center while I worked in the kitchen.

Jake smoked the most delicious salmon. It was his first time trying this out and he crushed it.

Cooper snoozed while we all ate dinner.

Look at this plate of deliciousness. I failed to get a picture of our whole group, but we always have such a blast with Scottie and Brandi.

Sunday morning, we all slept in and then headed to breakfast. Jake and I both had workouts we needed to knock out that day, but breakfast as a family definitely sounded more fun.

Since we didn’t knock out our workouts early in the morning before it got super hot, I told Jake to head out for his long ride and I would hit the treadmill. Little man let me get about 30 minutes of my 90 minute run in before he decided he had had enough of that. So, we took a break to nurse, snuggle, and play while we waited for Jake to get back from his ride.

Once Jake got home, we traded off on Coop duty and I hopped on the treadmill to knock out 60 more minutes. Running yesterday was the last thing I wanted to do, but I felt so good once I was finished.

I ended with a little over 35 miles for the week, which is a lot for me. I feel really good and am thankful I am taking things slow and have the guidance of a running coach. I think I have one more big week and then a recovery week.

We went to dinner with Jake’s family last night at McSalty‘s. It was delicious. We got lots of good family time in this weekend.

This is the last week of my summer classes! Once Thursday hits, I will be on summer break again for a few weeks before the fall semester starts. This summer has flown by.

Happy Monday, friends!


Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.