Wrap-up part 1: good friends + my first postpartum half!! + at a conference

What a busy weekend!! Jake’s great grandma passed away on Friday, so we left right after my race on Sunday to go to Shelbina for her visitation and funeral. While the circumstances were sad, it was so nice to see so much of Jake’s family.

Rewinding to Friday, Coop and I headed out for a little recovery run. My body was feeling strong, which made me feel good about my race on Sunday.

After my run, we watered the plants, which is one of Coop’s favorite chores. He loves to run his hands through the water.

Friday night, Chris, Brittany, and Jett came over. We had so much fun sitting on the floor in Cooper’s nursery and playing.

My guys.

Saturday morning, we got dressed in some cozy clothes and headed to Rigs and Coffee and then packet pick-up.

I was getting so excited for my race!

Sunday morning was race morning! Coop was up every hour Saturday night – he is cutting some teeth, so I think he just couldn’t get comfortable. I was so tired when my alarm went off at 5am, but I hopped out of bed and immediately made coffee. We got everything ready and packed up for the race and headed to the start line. I tried to empty my boobs right before I started.

One last squeeze to my guys before I headed off! Jake also had a run Sunday morning, so he and Coop ran around the course and said hi to me a few times. I loved seeing them.

This was around mile two or three. My coach, Patty, had me starting conservatively and seeing how things felt. I stuck pretty close to the pace she wanted me to hit for the first few miles and then I started to pick it up a little.

I was amazed at how quickly the miles were going by. I felt so strong, which I was thankful for. I texted Patty after my race and told her she was good at her job. Ha!

The last two miles hurt, but I really picked up my pace and sprinted most of the last mile. Jake snapped this as soon as I crossed the finish line.

I am proud of these negative splits (faster second half than first half) and I am ready to set some more goals and do the work to hit them.

I was so excited to squeeze Coop when I was finished. I miss him like crazy when we are apart.

Kayla surprised me and ending up running most of the last mile with me. It made my heart so happy to see her!

So thankful to Jake for always supporting me and our teamwork to get our training in.

It was back to momming as soon as I finished the run – quick diaper change and some nursing.

We grabbed brunch after the race then rushed home to shower, change, pack, and load up the car. We were on the road by 12:15 to head to Shelbina, which is about four hours away. It was a quick trip since we came back home Monday, but I’m so thankful we went.

I am at a work conference now until Thursday – my mom came with me to watch Coop while I present. This week is a little bonkers, but I’m thankful for our village!

I’ll finish up the rest of our weekly wrap-up on Friday!

Happy Wednesday, friends!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.