Wrap-up Part 2: Coop votes + recovery week + working mom life!

To finish up this wrap-up series, here are a few more pictures from Sunday and Monday in Shelbina. Coop sure does love his aunt Chelsea and his Ganny (Jake’s mama).

Sunday morning, we all got ready to head to the funeral and burial for Jake’s great grandma.

As soon as the burial was over, we hopped in the car and headed for home. Cooper had swim at 4:30, so we headed straight there. We made it with about five minutes to spare. Coop was not happy after being in a car most of the day. Jake and I were both craving Thai food, so we tried out a new spot after swim. I cannot remember the name of it, but it was amazing and one of the only places open on a Monday. Thai Kitchen? Thai Station? I’ll have to find it…

Tuesday morning started with lots of packing and some playtime on the floor before this little dude had to be in the car for another almost 4 hours. Jake’s mom got this flannel for him and I love it so much. It says I think I’m gonna kick it with my mom today.

After breakfast, we headed to vote as a family.

Someone decided he was starving the second I sat down to vote. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

This week is a recovery week, so I had an easy bike ride Tuesday afternoon. It felt good to move a little. My legs were SO dang sore after my race on Sunday.

Tuesday afternoon, my mom, Coop, and I headed to Little Rock, AR for a work conference for me. We pulled into the hotel about 8pm.

Wednesday morning, I got ready for my first presentation, and we all went to grab breakfast. Coop loved riding in the elevators.

When you forget the pack n play…just make due with what you have! Ha! I alternated between attending the conference and momming.

My first presentation was a round table. I enjoyed talking with a bunch of different women about our research.

After the conference, we headed to the hotel bar for our free drinks for happy hour and then grabbed dinner at a nearby restaurant.

Coop’s face in this picture cracks me up.

So thankful my mom came along with us to help me with Cooper! We love you, Tutu!

No foods phase this kid. He loved sucking on this lemon.

We ate at a restaurant called The Butcher Shop. It was pretty delicious!

Thursday morning, we got ready for my last presentation and loaded up the car.

I presented some current research with two of my colleagues. It was so fun to share about our ongoing work.

When I got back to our room, I walked in on this. Ha! Anything to keep him from crawling on hotel carpet. Gross.

We grabbed lunch with a big group of my colleagues and then hit the road for home. Coop got hungry once we were in the car, so I nursed him while we drove.

We pulled into the driveway about 5:30pm. It felt SO good to be home. My friend, Adrienne, came over for dinner last night. Jake grilled lots of deliciousness for us. I was so excited to sleep in my own bed after being gone most of the week.

I told Jake I am not going anywhere for a good long time!

Happy Friday, friends!

Wanna chat? Please leave me a comment!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.