My top IVF tips:
- Give yourself grace. You are going to feel pretty awful some days. Try your best to be nice to yourself and remind yourself that this is temporary.
- Take your birth control in the evening. The birth control was one of the worst things for me. It made me super sick, I had headaches, and just wanted to lay on the couch. Taking it in the evening helped SO much.
- Keep a positive outlook. It is super easy to get negative when your hormones are all over the place and you start gaining weight. Again, remind yourself that this is all temporary.
- Put yourself first. Your body is going to be going through a lot of changes – physically and emotionally. If you need to stay away from certain people or situations, do it. You need a positive outlook and supporters, so if you aren’t getting that, stay away during your IVF journey. It’s okay for you to be selfish during this time and do what YOU need to do.
- Don’t compare your journey to someone else’s. Everyone is different. Everyone.