Baby Bradley – Our Journey

February 1st, 2021 – I had an appointment at the Woman’s Clinic here in town Monday morning. Our clinic is letting me do a few appointments here so I don’t have to drive to STL or Tulsa for all of them – YAY!

I haven’t been sharing as much this time around. Things are so uncertain and everything changes quickly. It seems like I will tell someone one thing, and the next thing I know, something else has come up and things are being tweaked. Like on Monday, I went in for my appointment, with plans in place, only to be called by my clinic and told that I have Hydrosalpinx in one of my tubes (fluid build-up) and it has to be removed before we can continue with anything. Soooo, everything has been pushed back at least another month. I have to have another HSG, which sucks. My last one was super painful and I didn’t have any blockages, so I’m already dreading this next one. This Hyrdosalpinx will most likely lead to the removal of my fallopian tubes, so things are going to be pushed back again because of that as well.

HOWEVER, we do have good news to share – we have two extremely healthy embryos waiting for us in the freezer that is currently serving as their first babysitter. ; ) So, good news – we have two babies; bad news – we have no plan & I probably have a minor surgery in the near future. Things that are giving me strength right now – knowing that everything happens in God’s timing and Jake.  We are controlling what we can control and trying to leave the rest in God’s hands. Sometimes that’s easier said than done, but we’re trying. There’s no one else I’d rather have by my side as we navigate this weird, hard time.

Anyway, that’s my February update. I think they will try to get everything scheduled as soon as possible, which is good. I am ready to get this HSG over with and go from there. I will update everyone once we know what’s going on with my dang insides.  Keep those prayers coming, friends – we can feel them! <3

February 10th, 2021: I was supposed to have my HSG this morning to detect and possibly clear the Hydosalpinx they thought I had. I was dreading it. My last one was extremely painful and I didn’t have any blockages, so I was preparing for the worst. Plus, they only had me take Tylenol last time – this time I had Xanax and Percocet. Big difference.  We got to the hospital, I took all my pain meds, changed into my gown, then was told that they had forgotten to start me on antibiotics….soooo, we had to cancel everything. I was so bummed. We rescheduled for the next day, but I was so hopped up on pain meds that I ended up sleeping away most of the day.

February 11th, 2021: Second time’s the charm! I was so ready to get this dang thing over with.

That black spot on the right side in this x-ray is the area they were worried about. The second the dye was in, it shot straight through my tubes, which was a very good thing! It wasn’t Hydrosalpinx, but they weren’t sure what it was. There was a small spot left that the doctor was worried about, so he scheduled an ultrasound for later in the day to monitor it.

I took a short nap between the HSG and my ultrasound, then we went to the office for the ultrasound. There is a small area that ended up being scar tissue from my egg retrievals, so once they realized that, they decided I am good to go continue with preparing for our transfer! That’s all we know right now. I’m sure we will encounter more bumps in the road, but I *hopefully* only have one more painful procedure – a sort of biopsy to test my uterine lining for transfer. That should happen in the next few months!

I was pretty miserable Thursday evening. My stomach was crazy bloated and I felt like I had gas, but didn’t. I’m sure it was just from so many things happening that day, but I was definitely sore. These procedures are no joke. If you’re also going through any of this, I am sending you the biggest hug!